ICON 05-22 TACOMA 1-2" STAGE 3 EXP SUSPENSION SYSTEM TUBULAR
- ESTIMATED LEAD TIME ON ALL BED RACKS AND XBRS: AROUND 4-6 WEEKS
The ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 3 EXP suspension system for the 2005-2022 Toyota Tacoma provides improved on- and off-road performance as well as front and rear-end lift and fitment of up to 33" tires. This system features the innovative new 2.5 EXP series coilover shocks, sway bar relocation brackets, rear add-a-leaf, and our proven 2.0 Aluminum Series nitrogen charged monotube shocks for the rear.
This Stage 3 system features the 2005-2022 Toyota Tacoma EXP Series front shock absorbers that combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock absorber with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Tacoma’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded bodied coilovers providing 1-2” of suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel all in an economical package.
The included sway bar relocation brackets help minimize sway bar link bind through the suspension travel range and offer’s sway bar clearance from the EXP coilovers. This helps the suspension move more freely and allows for the full range of wheel travel without overstressing any OE components.
The included ICON tubular upper control arm kit is designed to improve the overall performance of the new 2005-2022 Toyota Tacoma with corrected front-end geometry, built in additional caster, and improved suspension component clearance. Additionally replacing the OE ball joint with the serviceable ICON Delta Joint allows for full bump and droop travel of the front suspension while eliminating bind.
The rear leaf spring Add-a-Leaf kit improves ride quality by softening the rear spring rate compared to stock. This 3-leaf spring installs in place of the OE overload leaf and eliminates the aggressive ramp up in spring rate provided by the OE overload. This equates to improved ride quality and suspension performance, on and off-road, while also lifting the rear of the truck 1.5” over stock.
Rounding out the Stage 3 EXP suspension system are V.S. 2.0 Aluminum Series rear shocks with remote reservoirs specially tailored for the 2005-2022 Tacoma. The 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks are a high-quality upgrade for the everyday street driver and weekend warrior looking for improved on and off-road performance. Their pairing with the ICON 2.5 EXP Series front coilovers results in balanced vehicle control from front to rear and an excellent overall driving experience for your Tacoma.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Vehicle specific design for 2005-2022 Toyota Tacoma
- 2.5 EXP Series front shocks with internal reservoirs utilize factory coil and coil hardware
- Adjustable front ride heights from 1-2” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Included sway bar relocation brackets reduce ensure sway bar clearance from EXP coilovers
- Allows for full wheel travel without overstressing OE components
- Tubular UCAs for added strength, durability, and alignment correction for better drivability
- UCAs feature the patented (U.S. Pat. 10731700) Delta Joint for extended longevity
- Rear Add-a-Leaf softens spring rate for improved ride quality while providing 1.5” of rear lift
- 2.0 Aluminum Series remote reservoir rear shocks provide balanced tune with coilovers and increased performance
- All ICON shock absorbers are fully rebuildable and re-tunable
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 18x9 with 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 20x9 with 5.00” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Minor fender trimming may be required)
- APPLICATION NOTE #55: SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. LIFT HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE.
- APPLICATION NOTE #110: TRIMMING REQUIRED FOR RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE
- APPLICATION NOTE #144: NOT COMPATIBLE WITH TRD PRO
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with 2005-2015 rear wheel drive Tacomas with 5 wheel lug studs
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with 2021-2022 Tacoma Trail
- 58632 (QTY: 2) | 05-UP TACOMA FRONT 2.5 EXP COILOVER
- 611030 (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACO/07-09 FJ SWAYBAR RELOCATION KIT
- 58450DJ (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA TUBULAR UCA DJ KIT
- 51100 (QTY: 1) | 96-UP TACOMA/00-06 TUNDRA 1.5" ADD-A-LEAF KIT
- 56503R (QTY: 2) | 05-UP TACOMA 4WD 0-1.5" REAR 2.0 VS RR