SS3 Sport LED Pod Lights
Introducing the SS3 3 inch LED Pod! Featuring higher output intensity than any other 3 inch light on the market these LED pods have been designed for maximum functionality with custom-engineered TIR optics shining in highly useful beam patterns all in a durable package.
Focused. Traditional optics like reflectors or simple lenses lose light internally and to glare so not all of the light shines on target. Instead the custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS3 collects all of the light from the LED and directs it only where you need it drastically reducing glare and improving total efficiency.
From there while other options on the market lose as much as 10 percent of the light output shining through an outer lens the custom-molded TIR optic in the SS3 serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature when coupled with high-intensity LED chips the total intensity of the SS3 is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.
Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are there is a Stage Series optic for you!
- Driving is designed to supplement your high beams but it's great for general illumination as well. Rather than a traditional spot pattern the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in an 18x8 degree spread providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds.
- SAE Fog provides an extremely wide field of view with high-intensity output over an entire 80-degree spread. It serves as a great upgrade for any factory foglamp and will fully illuminate the area in front of your vehicle. Choose your output color of cool white or yellow which is often said to help cut through inclement weather.
- Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform even illumination with a full 60x60 degree spread of light. Unlike generic flood lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface to provide a true optically designed spread for even illumination throughout. It is perfect to use as a backup light for lighting up anything at low speeds or for trailers and worksites.
- Combo pattern combines both the Driving and Flood optics. It shines light downrange in a focused rectangular 65x25 degree pattern. The combo lens features a flood optic on one side and a driving optic on the other.
- Spot is an unmodified pattern shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is a highly focused 6-degree beam of light perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 151 000 candela the SS3 Sport shines a half-mile away (1/4 lux) from a compact 3-inch package.
Not just off road. When installed as a pair and aimed in accordance with your state's regulations the Fog pattern meets SAE J583 standard as a Foglamp for legal on-road use. For states that require them we also offer snap-on covers for your SS3 Pod. These covers are available in a variety of colors and keep your SS3 Pod clean and protected from dirt dust or whatever else the road throws your way! Please check your local laws and regulations for aiming installation and applicability.
White or Yellow. All Stage Series LED pods are available in a cool white or selective yellow color. The white is a 6000K color temperature which is a true cool white output and matches most factory LED lighting. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature great for high contrast in poor weather or a distinctive look on the road. We also offer replacement lenses that allow you to change the color or optic of your SS3 Pods.
Sport Pro or Max. Stage Series LED pods are available at three different power levels. All options use high-intensity LED emitters and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. The Sport model uses high-intensity LEDs and is the best bang for the buck you'll find. The Pro model steps things up in a big way with double the total power. Finally the Max model is designed with cutting-edge automotive emitters for both high power and extreme intensity. This brand new technology comes at a cost but if you're looking for the absolute best in lighting performance the SS3 Max is the answer.
Simple connections. All SS3 LED pods feature a custom-molded DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back and come with a 6-inch pigtail with bare leads. For installation you can wire yourself use an off-the-shelf Deutsch DT sized wire harness or select an optional Diode Dynamics wire harness. Our Light Duty Dual Output Harness can be used to power up to two SS3 pods. If you are looking to power more than two SS3 pods we recommend using our Heavy Duty Dual Output Harness along with a Deutsch DT Splitter.
Proven Reliability. Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F along with vibration moisture intrusion and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.
Experience. After over a decade in business Diode Dynamics is one of the most trusted names in automotive LED lighting. We directly assemble and engineer our own products in the United States allowing for higher quality and performance with the newest and brightest LED technology. No matter what you're driving we pride ourselves in offering only the best possible LED solutions.
- Advanced TIR optics provide high efficiency and focus
- Available in Driving SAE Fog Flood Combo or Spot beam patterns
- High-intensity automotive-type LEDs
- Pin-fin heatsink design for superior thermal dissipation
- Integrated Deutsch-style connector
- Durable powdercoated aluminum construction
- Engineered and Assembled in USA